PROBIOTIC DIGEST HEALTH
The use of probiotic supplements as a biological aid is becoming more and more common and is inspired by the knowledge of the existence of large microbial communities that do beneficial work from the point of view of the organism that hosts them. In particular, Lactobacillus rhamnosus has shown to be effective in preventing nosocomial diarrhoea, acute gastroenteritis and in preventing antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.1 The Kluyveromyces marxianus yeast belongs to a new generation of probiotic supplements. The use of both strains together is the subject of several clinical studies.2,3
Before being ingested, both probiotic supplements are combined in the same Quinton Medical Probiotic Digest Health packet with isotonic seawater, a polyelectrolyte substance whose chemical composition is highly complex. It has a chloride concentration of around 5.3 g/L and a significant contribution of other micronutrients. Due to its chloride content, it contributes to normal digestion by producing hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Because of this, it has been used for decades in nutritional management of conditions affecting the digestive system.
Thus, Quinton's isotonic solution combined with probiotics makes Quinton Medical Probiotic Digest Health an innovative and pioneering speciality, useful in nutritional management to assure healthy gut microbiota. In addition, due to its calcium content, it contributes to the normal functioning of digestive enzymes.
1. Szajewska H, Wanke M, Patro B. Meta-analysis: the effects of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG supplementation for the prevention of healthcare-associated diarrhoea in children. Aliment Pharm Ther. 2011; 34: 1079-1087.
2. Maccaferri S, Klinder A, Brigidi P, Cavina P, Costabile A. Potential probiotic Kluyveromyces marxianus B0399 modulates the immune response in Caco-2 cells and peripheral blood mononuclear cells and impacts the human gut microbiota in an in vitro colonic model system. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012; 78: 956-964.
3. Wang W, Li Z, Lv Z, Zhang B, Lv H, Guo Y. Effects of Kluyveromyces marxianus supplementation on immune responses, intestinal structure and microbiota in broiler chickens. Plos One. 2017; 12: 1-18.
The calcium and chloride contained in Quinton Medical Probiotic Digest have the following properties:
- Thanks to its calcium content, it contributes to the normal functioning of digestive enzymes.
- Thanks to its chloride content, it contributes to normal digestion through the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
Dietary supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
120 mg (15 % NVR*)
133 mg (16% NRV*)
Mixture of Kluyveromyces marxianus and Lactobacillus rhamnosus.
800 mg (≥1x109UFC)
*NRV: Nutritional Reference Values
Ingredients: Water, seawater, maltodextrin, calcium carbonate, mixture of Kluyveromyces marxianus and Lactobacillus rhamnosus.
This product is gluten free.
Quinton Medical Probiotic Digest Health pouches are made up of a solid part and a liquid part separated by a film barrier that must be broken.
Before taking it, the barrier must be broken to mix the two parts. The pouch is designed to be used in the following way:
- Fold it so that pressure is applied to the liquid part.
- Press the liquid part to break the barrier.
- Once broken, shake the pouch for 15 seconds to ensure that the product mixes and dissolves correctly.
- After this, tear the flap upwards to open the puch.
- Drink directly from the pouch or pour into a glass to drink.
Once the film is broken and the product is mixed, drink immediately.
Certifications that guarantee
the quality of Quinton Probiotic Digest Health.